Thursday, January 16, 2014

Monday, January 13, 2014 (it took me a few days to find time to post this)

Good morning family and friends.  Over here in California it's Sunday morning.  We're about to start our studies and get ready for the day - get ready to go to church.  This morning for breakfast I had a fruit smoothie that I made and it's really good; just like anything that I make.  This past week has been really good, we've just taught a lot of lessons since Wednesday since that was the last time I talked to you.  We found a lot of new investigators.  We have about sixteen in our teaching pool right now.  Thursday we had FHE and we found two new investigators that day and they both came to FHE so that was really cool to see.  But there was just a bunch of games that played there; so that was good.  We were going to go to the vineyard this last Saturday with our ward but we had a lunch with a non-member that invited us to go to Doghouse Grill which is a really good sandwich place, so we went with him.  Also, this past week we went out to eat with some missionaries and we went to Applebees which brought back a lot of good memories like with friends and just with loved ones and stuff, that was a fun time, that was my first time going to Applebees on my mission.  And then Friday night we had dinner with President Gelwix and Sister Gelwix and they took us out to Cheesecake Factory, that was really good, just a great time spending with President, it was just really cool.  We are going to be starting up in the mission what's called a Preach My Gospel Project.  That's pretty much where you read through Preach My Gospel and you look up all of the scripture references and so you get to know Preach My Gospel better.  I think that's going to be starting this coming week.  Chase and Brayden, whoever else, but specifically Chase right now - you should be doing this project with me, I think it would be really great for you to do this Preach My Gospel Project and get to know Preach My Gospel and prepare for your mission.  It's going to be awesome.  And all of you should already be reading your scriptures every day and if you don't I'm calling you all to repentance cause that's so important, our daily spiritual preparation is one of the most important things that we do.  I know I stunk at it before my mission but I've learned that and that's so important that we can't do a day without doing it.  So, I hope that you're all doing this.  Last week, like today, we have our Stake Correlation Meeting with President Gelwix, Stake President, and we give an accounting of our zone and what's happening in the missionaries' lives and what's happening with each of the wards.  So, that's pretty much it.  Just been teaching a lot of people and seeing miracles.  Alright, love you all, bye bye.


“The good works that really matter require the help of heaven. And the help of heaven requires working past the point of fatigue so far that only the meek and lowly will keep going long enough. The Lord doesn’t put us though this test just to give us a grade; He does it because the process will change us.” - President Henry B. Eyring

This life is hard but it will be worth it if we live ALL of the commandments and enjoy the company of the spirit as it leads and guides us throughout this life. 2 nephi 31:20; Mosiah 2:41

This life is a time for us to change OUR WILL to change and to be in line with GOD's WILL once we do that life is going to be so much better and the blessings from on high will be poured on us. Its amazing to see that once we align our will with gods we obtain more freedom and more opportunities to do good and we obtain TRUE happiness. 

I love you all, 

Elder Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment