Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday, February 3, 2014

“I find that when I get casual with my relationship with divinity and when it seems no divine ear is listening and no divine voice is speaking, that I am far, far away. If I immerse myself in the scriptures, the distance narrows and the spirituality returns. I find myself loving more intimately those I should love with all my heart, mind, and strength.” - President Spencer W. Kimball 
It is so crazy i am coming up on a year! and my birthday haha it is crazy but it is also awesome i love it so much! 

Hey Davey, I'm glad you are finally on :)  How are you doing?  We are doing so good!  Did you get our crazy voicemail

i am doing great! and i haven't listened to it yet haha but i am right now! i heard your super bowl was great and no we don't get to watch the super bowl haha 

Oh, Chase said that is something you might get to watch today for your pday. I guess I will tell you that my team won, haha. The Seahawks won, I decided to rout for the underdogs and that was the Seahawks. The Broncos got creamed!  It was a lot of fun! Dad had made an amazing spread of food, full of chicken wings, 4 different kinds of dips, pizza, and chocolate cake. (I'm sure I am missing something.
What have you been up to today.

i have just gone shopping played some sports and did laundry and cleaned haha and studied

I thought you had someone that does your laundry? When did you start doing your laundry?
I too can't believe that you have been out for almost a year. So what tie will you cut up on your your mark?

ya we do have someone do our laundry we just have to drive awhile to get there and haha no we don't do that in this mission thats not very representative of Jesus Christ ha how are you doing i am just loving it our here! 

Do they do anything fun to represent you being out a year?  Just remember it is important to finish strong - to the end.

ha ya i know i will finish super strong or i will just stay out for a year! and no we don't really do anything to signify we are out for a year haha so i don't know

You are absolutely right we are on this earth to learn and grow, sometimes it is really hard! You don't need to send us anything to ease our stress, this is just another thing we can experience in our life to help us grow.  I know I look forward to hear from you each week they always brighten my week! That is all I need! Thank you for thinking of us! 


Weekly Letter:
Hey family and friends, this is Elder Moss.  So, I had my other reporting all done and everything but it wouldn't upload so I am here at the church now.  We just got done playing basketball and I don't have my other planner to tell you about my last week.  I'll try to go off memory but no promises.  Last week we had a big meeting Thursday, MLC - Mission Leadership Council, and that went really good.  We just always receive super, a lot of, spiritual impressions.  Wednesday was transfers as we know.  I got my new companion, Elder Gains, he's awesome, he's huge.  We haven't taken any pictures yet...so, I don't know if I can help with that or not.  He's from, I think, Wisconsin.  He played college basketball.  He's awesome.  He's also 25 years old so he's older than me by a lot.  We also helped out...we gave a training to the new missionaries, all of them that came in, that was a lot of fun.  And then we also transported them to go to their new areas, like up to Modesto and down to Porterville.  We were gone all night.  So that was extremely long.  It was just a blast this week.  We also had FHE as always.  We are getting a lot more members out to come to the activities and different things.  We played basketball that night.  That was just a blast.  Of course it was superbowl week and we went to teach the hmong family, these two hmong YSA kids, and we went there and their whole family's drunk.  Oh my gosh, it was so funny.  We tried to teach them but it didn't really work out and once they started offering us vodka we thought we should get out of there, so we left.  We have just been teaching a lot of spiritual lessons.  We had one investigator come to church.  His name is Miguel and he's still preparing for baptism, so that's awesome.  Other than that we just keep working hard, seeing a lot of miracles, teaching small lessons all over the place, and ya, our zones awesome, we're doing a lot of work so it's going to be great.  Alright, have a great week, I love you all, bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment