Friday, March 7, 2014

Monday, March 3, 2014

OK, so, these past couple of days have been awesome.  So yesterday we had MLC which is Mission Leadership Council.  It was just a great day.  We got to go to the temple and we baptisms acutally.  We did baptisms for the dead and I got to do confirmations.  It was a really great day.  Just feeling of the spirit and being able to recognize it and being able to follow it.  It was an awesome day.  And a great birthday present, couldn't have had it any other way.  And then we had dinner that night with Carsen, he's a member, he just took us to Chipolte and I got a really big burrito, it was really good.  Oh, and at MLC, it was so funny.  We were like split off with our companion and we were just doing some FIO time, which means Figure It Out, just on our area and different things we can change, and one of the assistants, Elder Pinnock, came into the room and I was like, "What the heck?"  And they closed the door and Elder Gain pinned me down and Elder Pinnock gave me 20 spankings for my birthday.  And he has a bruised hand now and my bum still hurts.  It was not enjoyable.  But, it was kinda fun.  But then the whole Mission Leadership Council, they all sang to me Happy Birthday which was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it.  And then later that night, we have been teaching Adrian still, and he's moving along and keeping the Word of Wisdom and we're really helping him and he has a date for the 15th.  And then today, Saturday, we met with Adrian again and talked with him about agency and freedom to choose.  Then we had dinner with the Burnetts.  And it was an awesome dinner.  They bought a $56 cake, a cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory, Oh my gosh, it was the best, it was just so good.  And then they bought me a $25 gift card to SaveMart.  They're just the best, and truly just a blessing to be able to feel love from them.  And also to feel the love I would have felt if I had been with my family.  I really miss you all.  I saw that you texted Sis. Burnett back, or it was Bro. Burnett, I don't know, I can't remember.  It was just a great time.  So, something cool that happened that day was we got an investigator to come to a baptism that night.  And he has a date for the 29th and he felt the spirit super strong and we committed him to live the Word of Wisdom, that's the only thing that he really struggles with is chewing tobacco and alcohol.  Tonight we took away his chewing tobacco from him and he committed to getting baptized in 14 days.  He's coming to church tomorrow.  His name is Dathan and he is awesome.  He is just on board with everything.  He's a friend of a less active member.  He's just on board, it was just so awesome.  We just took everything away and challenged him to get baptized in 14 days.  He's just on board with everything, he believes the Book of Mormon's true.  It is just really cool to be a part of it.  He's just so prepared.  Those are the major things which were awesome this week.  We had a great week of course.  We got to teach a less active, he had dinner with us.  We were able to... there was a family who took me out for a birthday lunch, The McDonalds, they took us to a really nice expensive place.  You get pampered when you're on a mission.  I'll tell you what, the members are amazing.  They love the missionaries out here, especially the rich members.  But it was awesome.  We went on an exchange and saw a lot of miracles.  We were able to help a lot of people.  We're teaching a less active girl named Jordan and we're helping her come back to the gospel.  She's moving along really great.  It was just a week full of miracles and just a great time.  Tomorrow, Sunday, I might send another voice recording but we're planning on like having six investigators at church, some solid ones, and it should just be really good day.  Everything is just going great here in Academy.  We're seeing a lot of good things and we should end off the month with right around three baptisms for us: Adrian, Dathan, and then we're going to get one more.  We don't know who it is yet, but we're going to get 'em.  This is Elder Moss reporting from California, Fresno.  I love you all so much.  The date today is March 1st and just ending off my week, tomorrow's Sunday.  I love you all, have a great night and see the hand of the Lord in your everyday week, or everyday.  Love you all, bye bye.






Hey Davey its me and Brayden. We just listened to your voicemails and it sounds like all is going well.  We are envious of the cheesecake but not of the spankings! We love you and all that you do and are.

haha it was so good!

so we were giving service and i ripped my pants while putting a couch down haha
then also this is dathan he gave up tobacco and is getting baptized on the 15th!




So you ripped your pants? What's up with that? 
Are those a pair of pants we bought you from the missionary store?  If so those are supposed to be covered your whole mission.

no they arent ha

Well Good you sure know which ones to ripe ;)
What color are they and remind me the size you are?  Do you want the same color or do you want a different one?  Are they dress pants or jeans?

oh no we are sewing them up no worries they were just my black ones so don't worry to buy any others

Let me know if it comes down that you need me to buy you a pair.

i will thanks again!

Thanks for the pictures!!!! I love them and boy you sure need to go into acting, the expressions in the photos are priceless!
Did you get my voice mail?  How are you doing?

i havent listened to it yet but i got it! and i am doing great how is everyone doing where did you move to?


We are living in Grandma and Grandpa Moss' basement.  We are doing really good and feel very blessed to be able to have a place to live and feel that Heavenly Father has his hands in our life.
I love hearing your voice mail and also feel the same way about the Burnetts, I will never be able to repay all of the things they have done for you.  They are such a celestial family!
I'm glad you had a good birthday!  
Are you healthy?  
Coley will be coming home this week, crazy!  I keep thinking that he just went, but he is on his way home. Returning with honor :)

dang that is crazy he is coming home and i am great i got sick but now i am better 


I told your brothers that you sounded sick or you got chocked up over you birthday.  I'm sorry you got sick, what did you get?
How did you like the book?

i loved the book and i just got a sore throat thats all but the book was awesome!


I am so glad I will let dad know.  I have sent you a package from Melelueca and it is all for you.  I got thinking you might be running out of a few things and hope you can use the items I made for you. 
I also hope you swabbed your throat with Melelueca Oil and drank a lot of water.  
If I was to send you another package is there anything you are wanting that you may have a hard time getting?

no don't i am fine i dont need anything really i have plenty of stuff if i need something i will tell you but i am fine now stop wasting money on me please ha

Davey, you have to realize by now that what moms do. (Ha ha) Love you

ha i know but i don't need it i love you too

Okay how you and you're companion getting along?

we are good he is crazy! 

Well crazy can be good. I'm glad things are going good. The boys want to know If the cheese cake was the best you have ever had? And if you were kidding about how much it cost?

i wasnt kidding about how much it cost. and it wasnt' the best i love your homemade better

Oh, you are so sweet. If you were home you would get a huge hug from me and I might make it for you.  Ha ha

ha i don't think you would take the time to make it if i were home haha


Davey,  
Don't know if I will get to talk to you any more, I'm leaving work and heading to the rental to have someone look at a plumbing issue so I won't be able to write you as easily as I am know.
Love you so much and may God bless you and take care you.
Mom

"As we act in faith, we often find that the blessings from the Lord are different than we expected but much better than we imagined." - Elder Neil L. Andersen
“The Holy Ghost, a member of the godhead, bears witness of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He is the source of personal testimony and revelation. He can guide us in our decisions and protest us from physical and spiritual danger. He is known as the Comforter, and he can calm our fears and full us with hope. Through His power, we are sanctified as we repent, receive saving ordinances, and keep our covenants. It is through the influence of the Holy Ghost that we receive knowledge of Heavenly father and Jesus Christ and feel Their power, goodness, and love.”
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." - Sam Ewing. "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." - John Wooden
thanks for the voicemail it is good to hear you all are doing so well i am grateful for you and all you have done for me! 
Love Elder Moss





No comments:

Post a Comment