Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19, 2013

We received a hand written letter my snail mail today.  Inside was a package of BBQ flavored larvae:

Hey Family,

Just wanted to wish you all a great week.  I love you, and to the boys...good luck in school, work hard and stand as examples at all times.  I enclosed a treat for you all and hope you like it!  Mom and Dad, you're the best, keep up all you do.  I love you so much.  Well, I am headed to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner tonight so alright, love you all.  You're always in my prayers everyday at all times!

Love your son,

Elder Moss

P.S. Chase & Brayden...you're both dillweeds : )  Keep working out : )  Maybe you will have a body like mine one day!  I'm gonna wrestle you both!  And then wrestle Katelynn's husband and kill him in basketball!!

Email:
Hello all ya'll! This is Elder Moss reporting from California Fresno..well this week has been harder but also very good. we have had to drop a lot of investigators cuz they aren't progressing which stinks but it is good cuz we literally talking  to everyone about the gospel and about becoming a mormon it is the best we are meeting a lot of people but school has started up for the YSA so we are going to just go to the collage and tackle them and get them all baptized ha nah i wish a lot of people are bigger than me so that wouldn't work out to well but we are going to be finding more cuz we have not as many investigators and need more! Brayden and Dad that is awesome you are losing weight and tracking the calories keep working out also! you are the best i should start cuz i have lost a lot of muscle which is so sad! haha i call it an increase of spirit pounds ;) and chase you gotta work out and practice sports! your awesome chase though really i am so grateful for you and brayden as my brothers continue to be an example and a blessing to all people you meet. NEVER lower your standards at any time ALWAYS set new and higher goals for your self. your both grand examples to me so thank you. i love you all.

 also this week as district leader it has been stressful haha but so awesome! i love it truly i just have no time at all i am always doing something and it is the best! training is going great as well i love elder lord he is a great missionary we get along well. this week we had a former assistant to the president with us he is going with companionships and teaching them all that he knows so he was with us and that was a blast some of the best time i have had on my mission. on sunday we had two investigators show up that we had no idea would but that was cool and president gelwix showed up also and took me out to have a lesson with a former investigator so that was super fun i just love it out here! you all better be doing missionary work also at home! but i don't know what else to talk! i love you all and pray for you everyday mom and dad you are best thank you for having me haha keep working hard, miss you all!
Elder Moss

Painting Sister Burnett's House

At Father's and Son's

Elder Lord (my companion) and I

Our Zone

A big cactus I found

Tracting an orange grove


Dad's Thread:
Mom is applying again for the secretary job at Snow Canyon High.  She would really like this job and if she got it would not want to move up North if I got a job up there.  Anyway, the moral of the story is to keep praying for us so we will know what to do and will be blessed in this area.   We really feel blessed so far as we are still making enough money to do what we need to do.  Chase doesn't want to move as he is now in High School and popular being on the exec council.  Brayden ended up getting into football and when they weighed him in he topped at 201 lbs.  Can you believe that, 11 years old and 201.  Anyway, we had a talk and he and I are keeping track of calories and trying to eat healthier.  On Friday he asked Chase and I to ride bikes with him to Tuacahn and back.  He is doing so well with it so far and wants to get in shape.  The Hafen reunion is coming up in a couple of weeks, over labor day weekend.  Mom won't be able to go as she works evenings, this is another stress as she is off in the morning when I am home and I am in the evenings when she is at work.  Your mom's birthday is this Saturday.  She got it off so we are going to go out as a family and do our traditional birthday dinner where she gets to pick.  Our garden is doing good, every week we get a bunch of vegetables and fruit too since we are taking care of grandpa Moss's garden too.  We are eating a lot of salsa with all the tomatoes and jalepenos we have.  Love you ton's.  Can't wait to hear about your week and how training and being senior campanion and district leader is.  Bishop Hurt said he is going to write a letter to all missionaries quarterly and asked for our input yesterday at church so mom wrote something this morning to him.

dang that is so cool! i miss you all tons and i always pray for you keep working hard and don't move haha ;) 

We got your letter today!  Mom is looking at it right now.  She said, ewwwww! Are you serious?  Are they really, really worms?  
So funny.
I can't wait for the boys to try them.

haha yup they are worms! they are so good!

Did you eat them?  Also, I noticed your week letter started with "Mi Semana"  Are you speaking Spanish now?

of coarse i ate them! and haha i know barely any spanish but i am picking up a little while out here


Mom's Thread:
Hey Davey!!  What the heck... Worms!  What kind of a snack is that?
It soooo made me laugh!  How are you?

haha ya mom thats my snack it is super cheep i just go out side and get worms then put bbq sauce on them ;) ha i thought you all would like that. i am great super busy with all my responsibilities but it is good i just got to get use to it all. i loved your voice message it was great

K you should have seen me look at your "snack", once I finally figured out it was real worms I sure am not going to touch it.  Dad said, Oh, good a healthy snack for Brayden it is only 9 calories".  I will certainly NOT let him try it.  Hey, I need to know your address.  I want to go onto google map and see where it is.  

i don't know what the address is but it is on the corner of gettysburg and peach its an appartment complex called maroit manor? idk how to spell it but ya and you gotta eat some of the worms!!

That is good enough on the address.  Dad is begging me to try to eat some worms...  I said yeah right.  Have you eaten some of those types of worms?

I am glad you are working hard, but you know as a mom I worry about you working hard.  I know the Lord will bless you in all that you do and the more you put into your mission the more you will get out of your mission.

Is their a favorite restaurant that you and your companion like to go to? 

ya i have eaten those worms mom! you gotta eat some! and a favorite resturant? um idk i dont think so no. and please don't worry about spending money or sending it to me anything like that for us please we are doing just great and fine. the only thing i ask is when i email you things i need if you could send them to me haha but other than that you are already doing everything for me your prayers and examples of what you are doing at home is plenty thanks so much!

I haven't had a chance to order you your garments, but it is on my list to do today.  I forgot the size you wear.  I need the size. Dri Lux top and Cotton bottoms, right?  Also what is Elder Lord's first name?
I've got to go to work now.
Love you so much and pray for you always.
Love, Mom

ya totally that works great and just like a M or L top and same with the bottoms idk though for sure haha and his first name is Derek.

No comments:

Post a Comment