Monday, October 28, 2013

October 28, 2013

Dad:

yup i am on are ya?

You're on earlier than normal.  I haven't typed you a letter yet.  

ha ya we came earlier cuz we have a quad zone activity this afternoon

Awesome, what are you doing?  I am trying to plan out my holiday schedule.  They gave us the option of banking our time off for the holidays to use at another time.  I think I am going to do that so that I can take off if I need to go home for something or if the house sells, etc.  Have you started thinking about the holidays?  I am not trying to make you homesick or anything, just wondering about plans.  You've been in Clovis for a while, do you think you will get transferred?

i have been here for about 5 months or more idk ha and ya i think i will transferrs are the 6th and i really haven't even had time to think about holidays but the members usually just say "oh your coming over to our house!" ha so idk whatever happens happens.  what is your job again? 

It is called Observation and Assessment.  I work for Juvenile Justice Services as a counselor.  We do activities such as service or hiking or sports or reading groups and then observe and assess the boys to see how they function and if they are learning to control themselves to stay out of trouble.  We are trying to rehabilitate kids so they can go back to society and their homes.  During the week on dayshift we go to school with them and just sit in school from 8am to 2pm and observe their interactions and discipline in school.

dang that is cool and you see some cool stuff going on i love you dad i hope you know that and i am proud of you and you are an amazing example to me. i love you

Thank you!  I love you too.  More than you will ever know.

well i am going to go tear it up you can always count on me. i will never slack off again!

I love your attitude.  Go get em!


Weekly Letter:

Well this week has really been great miracles always happen!  i hope your life is great right now and don't worry if it isn't i pray for you so don't worry it will pick up really quick i love you so much and am so greatful for your example to me we have gone on 2 exchanges this past week to help out our zone some of the companionships are struggling so we helped them out and had a great time! we have had to hand off a lot of referrals to other missionaries due to we thought they were YSA but they actually weren't cuz they have broken the Law of chastity and have now kids and it is sad cuz they aren't married even so a lot of the time the husband leaves the wife and kid and i just want to slap them cuz they need to be the role model and look out for his family. but the world is a wicked place that is why i am here to call them all to repentance! i love it, but really if people truely understood the atonement of christ then they wouldn't hesitate to join the true church so they could partake of the blessings that are in store for those that truely accept christ as there savior. i have  2 Nephi 33:3 experiences a lot i water my pillow for my fellow brothers and sisters that are living lifes without the gospel. This is the great work of salvation i was such a dillweed before my mission but now because i have overcame obstacles that have allowed me to grow and be the child of God i am today. this is one of my favorite quotes "God is preparing people to receieve your testimony of restored truth. He requires your faith and then your action to share fearlessly what has become so precious to you and those you love." -Henry B. Eyring

Today for preparation Day we are having a quad zone activity and are playing sports i am super excited and cant wait! i love you and hope you have an amazing week become better than you were the day before.
Love Elder Moss


Mom:

Hey Davey,
It was fun to see the pictures, although I felt bad that I haven't written you a "letter".  I've shown the house a handful of times which can I say is a little hard.  I love my home so much and it is hard to here comments about how they would change things.  I keep telling myself that it is only a material thing and not important.  There are other things that are more important.
I got some pictures from the Burnetts.  I loved seeing you making cookies, did you get to watch AFV? (lol)
How are you doing?



ha no i didn't watch AFV that would be apostate mom ha and it is fine i havent gotten a letter no worries at all we just thought that was a funny picture. and i bet it would be hard to leave the home it was a great place and i love it and know you do too. i am just great mom! ha a little down we were supposed to have a baptism yesterday but he called us and told us that he couldn't come cuz of his dad so that stunk super bad but he still wants to get baptized so that is awesome!

Well things will work out with your baptism. Tell him that he will be blessed and his life will be so much more happy! I am so proud of you and even though this might be a set back it will be okay. The Lord will bless you in your efforts and he will be touched in a way that he will get baptized.  I'll pray for him.
It is getting colder? The weather is starting to change here and we have a big storm coming in today and tomorrow.

ya yesterday it is getting colder ha but dang that is crazy about the storm

Brayden had his Last primary program on Sunday.  He brought tears to my eyes, they songs that they sang and the whole meaning of the program was wonderful!  You would have been proud of him.  He smiled most of the time he sang.  
Chase was texting me a bit ago... and said that he loves you and wishes you the best.  He tried to get me to get a redbox, he does just what you did. When he gets a text from redbox he sends it on to me. Then he will text me... "so mom what do you think? Movie tonight?"  He is funny.  The other day he did a Davey... he totally scarred me then with his cute smile he said oh, sorry mom. Then laughed.  All I could do was smile and laugh.
I love to read about what you are doing on your mission. 

chase is so amazing he is going to be a far better missionary than i am i am so proud of him and of brayden they are just examples to me i pray for you all everyday expecially them i love them so much they are my best friends i hope they know that..and mom you are the most amazing women i love you and will always be there for you! 
Love you so much

This is dad - I read that last one to mom while she was on her way to work.  She started crying.  She loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment