Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday, December 9, 2013

We received the following note with a movie clip:

 I'm sorry I couldn't send you the whole video, but here is part of it. I'm truly so thankful to have your son in my life. My family and I have come to learn so much from him and I thank god everyday for allowing me to meet these missionaries whom have brought me closer to god. You're son is truly so amazing. I just wanted to share this video with you to show you how great he is doing on his mission. Thank you. 



Conversation with Mom:

this my zone after a christmas concert that we did! 


Love the picture, but are giving one of the guys a kiss?

haha no no mommy

Did you get the pictures, voice mail, and other items that we mailed to you?
Let me know what packages you have received?

yup i got them all and i have just got one package from katelynn

The one from Katelynn have you opened it up?

yup i have!

So you know they are stockings that can't be opened up until Christmas day ;)
Some girls talked to Chase and wanted to know what you would like to have for Christmas. He gave them some ideas. 
Are you going to try out your voice recorder? I really would love to hear your voice.

i haven't got a voice recorder? but when and if i do i will try it out ha

I will have to have dad look into when it was supposed to get there. 
I also had SueLynn say that she sent you a letter and their Christmas card and it was returned to her. The address that was on it was the mission homes. Do you know if other people have had this happen to them? No worries I told her to resend it and I gave her the one that I have been using.
How are you doing? Are you staying warm?

no i don't know just tell her to send it again it should go through. but ya i have been great mom it is awesome! how are you and the family?

I knew that you weren't feeling good. I told dad about a week and a half ago that something wasn't right and I felt that you were sick. It took a lot from me not to call your mission president or your cell phone (I kept the number in my phone). I even thought I should call the Burnetts and have them check on you, but I decided to pray extra hard just for you. I'm glad you are feeling better, but sorry your companion is not.
We are doing good! I think this Christmas will be very different for all of us! The boys have had so much fun with the snow. I think Chase tried to pray for a snow day on his birthday, but got it a couple of days late and it ended on being on Saturday. 
What are your plans on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

haha i have no clue yet what we are doing on those days i might get transferred before christmas due to transfers are on the 18th but i don't know yet ha 

If you get transferred will you be okay with a new change since you have been in your area so long?

defenanly it will be good but who knows right?

Is there an area you would like to go to?
You also need to make a recommendation to your president that Zone leaders should get double the length of phone calls on Christmas and they can Skype ;)  I'm kidding

hey mom i just want you to know that i thank you for the christmas presents and you sending them i know you love me so much and i appriciate it a lot! don't worry to much about it or stress over it i will great with the things you have sent you didn't have to send me anything but i am glad you did ha also chase went on a date! hey hey atta boy! that is awesome and it sounds like it was a great wholesome date with is even better to hear about :) 

You must have just listened to the voice mail.  He did have fun. He did get upset at me for posting some baby pictures on facebook and told be not to do that again. I later said that was okay (it was his way of saying sorry). I'll have to have Chase write you about his date.


Weekly Letter:

Alright so my week this week has been great i have been sick as a dog this week just feeling like i was going to die but i pressed on and kept working now i am pretty much over the cold but now i got my companion sick ha but back to the week... we didn't get to find a whole lot but we did teach our more solid investigators i taught a girl who is a professional cheerleader for the NFL team San Francisco 49rs ha i felt famous..but we also just had a lot going on we had a stake correlation meeting with the stake president and also president Gelwix which went very well it was super funny during the meeting as president gelwix was talking he put up his fingers to illustrate something he was talking about but while he was doing that he was flipping off one of the stake presidents counselors hahaha and i noticed it and then elder bettinger and we both looked at each other and just started laughing and then he looked at us and then looked at is finger and noticed what he was doing then and slowly put it away haha we all started laughing after that but it was so funny!!!! 

My companion has been getting packages like crazy! ha it is crazy we make so many trips to the mission office to get all the christmas packages coming in for all of the zone members, we also this weekend had a huge Christmas concert which we sang at it was a two day event with 3 different times that we sang at it was cool we had investigators there so it was fun. then of coarse we had the amazing Christmas Devotional that we got to watch i love those things i seriously missed out before my mission but ya that was really fun to be at and we had investigators there also with us watching it! 
Also this weekend we had a member of the 1st quorum of the Seventy come to our mission and talk to us which was really cool it was Elder Bruce D. Porter he talked about the gospel of jesus christ and about Sin and the Commandments! It was so awesome i learn something new all the time this gospel and church is true.
So also this week one of the missionaries got transferred out to a different area so we have another elder with us named elder martinson he will be with us till the end of the transfer so ya we are in a trio so that we can work both areas. it has been really great so far things are just the best here as a missionary!
Sorry i haven't emailed pictures in a while i just haven't taken any! i will try my hardest to repent on that. haha
I love you so much 
Have a great week! 
Elder Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment