Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July 7, 2014

Dad - "I am almost home. I've been watching the email so it looks like you just got on." "I'm home now.  Seems like it has been a long time since we chatted."
Davey - "I know right! it has and that is an awesome story about Dillon! how is he doing?"
Dad - "We only got the one email from him and that's it.  We don't know, nor have we heard, anything more.  What is this about movie night?  We never had movie night when I was on a mission.  I can understand getting together to watch the Saratov Approach but Forever Strong, really?"
Davey - "That was one of the hardest things that I struggled with when I first came out on my mission was worthy but the atonement is truly the greatest thing ever! and I had a super spiritual experience that I hold dear to me it was when I was meeting with president Gelwix and at the end he said as your inspired priesthood leader I want you to know that you are clean and worthy. The hardest thing for me was I never forgave myself so the burdens stuck with me but the atonement is true and great!"
Dad - "It does my heart good to hear you say that and share that with me.  I am so glad that you have experienced the atonement and have had spiritual experiences.  You now know why missions are so important  - they are the best way to prepare young men to be worthy father's and priesthood holders for the rest of their lives.  The baptisms, the members, the friendships are all collateral - they are great - but collateral to what the missionary gets out of it."
Davey - "yah that is so true but it is so much better to prepare and prevent than to repair and repent, but when we need to repair we can and then in Ether 12:27 happens and in Alma 5 where a change of heart takes place. That's the process between justification and sanctification! It is awesome I love being a missionary! It has been hard lately with communication between me and my companion but we are still doing great and with president Gelwix goes home today it will be a good change but I love him so much!"
Dad - "We are planning on going to his homecoming, we have it on the calendar.  We have been praying for you and your companion to make it easier with the communication problem, every pray we offer that is mentioned no matter who prays."
Davey - "thank you so much for that I really appreciate it!" "ha ha so that is a new finding idea that we are doing here in the YSA we are watching different movies with members so they can also invite their friends and so then we get introduced to them we don't get permission to watch a lot of the movies like 17 miracles and so forth that aren't in our mission movie library so we just go to meet and greet so it has been good so far!"

Mom - "How are you doing?"
Davey - "I am doing fine mom I love you so much! I am grateful for you and all you do I don't have much longer on line."
Mom - "I love you too! Be safe and remember the Lord will always be with you when you are on the Lords arrand. I pray for you always. Stay healthy - smile and keep positive - love mom"

No comments:

Post a Comment